Tuesday 26 March 2013

Easy by Tammara Webber

Easy
Add to Goodreads
Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…


He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…
The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.
Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.
A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.



My thoughts

Wow, this book! I'm completely blown away by it! I have to admit that I hadn't expected very much from it, but it seemes everybody was praising this book, so I thought I'd see what all the hype was about. And boy, was I in for a nice surprise. I devoured this book, I couldn't put it down! I don't even quite know what it is I like about the book - well, except for just all of it. So far this is the best New Adult book I've read. Okay, I haven't read that many yet, but still..! When it ended I wasn't ready to leave the characters yet. I could just read about them all day, and I wish the book had been even longer, so I could read more about them. Jacqueline and Lucas are characters that stays with you. 

The story begins when Jacqueline, leaving a party, is about to be raped, but the she is rescued by this mysterious guy, she has never seen before. Except, after the attack he seems to be everywhere. Jacqueline thinks (or rather her friend suggests) he would do as an excellent rebound after her boyfriend recently dumbed her. But Jaqueline soon realizes that he is more than simply a rebound. Jacqueline and Lucas has great chemistry, and I loved every scene they were together.

I loved Jacqueline. She was strong, independent, clever and funny. I never think she made stupid choices, and I always understood her actions, which is kind of rare for me. I also liked how mature she was, and how she picked up herself aften her a** of a boyfriend dumbed her. She moved on, and she never really looked back again. Well, I wouldn't either if I'd got Lucas. Another thing I really liked about Jacqueline was that she  wasn't constantly obssessing about him, she has other things to do, such as work, school and other normal things that she was equally occupied by this. 

Lucas was.. oh how to describe him. He was swoon-worthy! Simply put. He was sweet, caring, protective and brilliant. I loved that he was a bit shy, and wasn't the typical arrogant alpha male, used to getting excactly what he wants. He was genuinely interested in Jacqueline from the very beginning, but kept back and didn't force himself on her. And even though he was flawed, he was absolutely perfect. It's a persons imperfections that make them perfect, right? But Lucas had a good reason for being how he was, and after learning his secret I was so concerned for him. What he's been through.. Well, you'll have to read that for yourself, 'cause I'm not saying anymore. 

I liked all the secondary characters as well, and rather than just being there for.. you know, being there, they had a purpose. They were just as essential to the story - and to Jacqueline and Lucas - as the main characters themselves. I especially liked Erin, who was both fun, but also showed some impressive strength, determination and will. And she was always there for Jacqueline and was very understanding. She was a great best friend. 

The book dealed with some heavy issues, and I think it was handled very well by the author. I think her messages came through clearly, and it was very important ones at that.  

Overall, I loved this book, and I cannot recommend it enough. I know I'll be rereading it very soon. A new favorite.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 

No comments:

Post a comment

I'd love to hear what you think, so feel free to leave a comment below :)