Tuesday 1 July 2014

Losing It by Cora Carmack

16034964Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, Bliss Edwards decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible - a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.


My thoughts

*mini rant*
I've been wanting to read this book in such a long time and read so many great reviews, so when I saw it very cheap on Amazon I instantly one-clicked it. 
I did not turn out well.
I'll admit that I did laugh some throughout the book - which is why I gave it two and not one star - but I just about hated everything about the book.

First of all, I wanted to smack the main character Bliss so many times that I quickly lost count. She was probably one of the most annoying characters I've ever read about. She did a lot of stupid and embarrasing things. I like books where the main character sometimes do or say something stupid or overly embarrasing because she's flustered or something, that's pretty normal, we all do. But Bliss...?! She does it all the freaking time, has no control over herself - despite in fact being described and proclaimed as a controlfreak. Certainly didn't show much! 

Second of all, I was not impressed with Garrick. I don't understand why everybody swoon over him. We don't really know anything about him, except that he for some odd reason likes Bliss. And that he is British and looks hot. That's it. Or maybe I just missed something. 

Thirdly, I really didn't get the attraction between Bliss and Garrick. I mean, she leaves him naked for no reason in her bed, and yet he is still attracted to her - though at this point he doesn't even know her. 
Then there was the love triangle. Of course. But since I didn't particularly liked Garrick and didn't see the great appeal, I was kind of rooting for the other guy, though I knew he had no chance. 

Another thing that annoyed me to no ends was how she ran into him all the freaking time in the first half of the book. It felt so staged that it seemed unbelievable. 

Overall, I did not like this book. Everybody was annoying or stupid. And I will definitely not be reading any of the other books in the series.



☆ 

No comments:

Post a comment

I'd love to hear what you think, so feel free to leave a comment below :)